Queen of Hearts is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected in any situation where you can be identified when using this website. Such information will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Queen of Hearts may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from September 2011.
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and to provide you with the best service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- to improve our products and services
- we may periodically send to the email address you have provided, pertinent promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information which we believe you may find interesting
- from time to time, we may use your information to contact you for market research purposes including to customise the website according to interests and needs
- we use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online
- third-party vendors, including Google, show our advertisements on sites across the internet
- the Foundation and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) to inform, to optimise, to serve advertising based on someone’s past visits to our website.
How Does Queen of Hearts Community Foundation Use Remarketing for Online Advertising?
In our online advertising endeavors, Queen of Hearts Community Foundation may use Google Analytics, Google AdWords Conversion tracker, other Google services, and other third party sites which place cookies on a browser across the Queen of Hearts Community Foundation website(s). This cookie placement helps us increase the website’s general effectiveness for visitors. Cookies are set and read by Google, and other third party sites. You can opt out of Google tracking at any time by visiting the Google Ad Settings page.
Queen of Hearts Community Foundation may also use AdWords, Facebook or other third party remarketing, sometimes called retargeting, to market our website(s) across the Internet. Google, Facebook or other third party sites place a cookie on a browser. Google, Facebook or third party sites reads cookies and may present a Queen of Hearts Community Foundation ad on a 3rd party site. You may opt out of Google’s remarketing here. If you are concerned about 3rd party cookies presenting ads by Google and other ad networks, you may visit a broader opt out page at the Network Advertising Initiative. You may opt out of Facebook remarketing by visiting the Facebook Settings page.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure any information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that seeks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic, or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes, by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected].
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to P.O Box 4290, Penrith Plaza, Penrith NSW 2750.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.